Sunday, October 6, 2013

day 2

Today I am thankful for...

1) A warm jacket!  My hubby and I went out early this morning, and it was FREEZING!  It was cold and windy, and we huddled together and shivered (we both hate the cold) like two little wimps.  ;)  I feel so grateful that we don't even have to stop and think about whether we can afford a jacket, and also for the fact that we had a nice, warm car to jump into as soon as we were done!  We are very blessed.

2) My sweet little Micah.  My second child, Micah, LOVES to make things out of paper and tape.  This morning as I was getting ready, he came in and looked at me and told me that I was beautiful (it's not very often that my kids see me with much makeup other than chapstick and mascara haha).  Then he went into my office and proceeded to make me a "hero cape" and was delighted when he taped it on my back.  I love this little sweetheart and I love having him as my little boy.  He is just so full of love and is just so HIM.  He is comfortable with who he is, wears his emotions on his sleeve (which can get hard sometimes when he's upset or frustrated, but I actually LOVE that about him), and just loves to express love to everyone he meets with constant hugs, kisses, compliments, and gifts.  He is so much like me that way....getting so much fulfillment out of loving others, and I love how simple and precious a child's love is.  I'm so grateful this little sweetheart came to be in our family.  His sensitive little soul just melts my heart!



3)General Conference. Twice each year, the church I go to hold's a conference where we as members gather/tune in to listen/watch.  They talk about many things, and we as members are supposed to listen with an open heart and follow what the Spirit teaches each of us individually.  I know it's a little different, but it's how I grew up, and I have had many personal experiences in my life where I know that a speaker was saying something for me (because I know that the Lord knows my struggles).  This conference was one of those particular times where there were actually a couple different talks that spoke straight to my heart.  This has been a time in my life where I've really needed a lot of guidance and support spiritually and I've had a lot of different and very meaningful things weighing on my mind.  I felt relieved and grateful to hear the messages shared.  I'm very thankful to be a part of an organized religion/church where its many members teach me more than almost anything else by their example and by teaching me how involved that Heavenly Father is in my life (in in everyone else's).  I'm grateful for the personal revelation that I receive and for the example of Jesus Christ and the love he showed to everyone - no matter what.  I feel incredibly grateful and blessed that he suffered for our sins, so that when I fall short (which is pretty much all the time), He can fill in the gaps for me and help me become a better person.

4) Autumn.  I really love the seasons we have here in Utah.  I'm not so much a fan of cold or winter, but I do love it a little.  ;)  I love spring, summer, and fall.  I love the constant change.  I love the symbolism and the excitement that my heart feels each time the beautiful world around me begins to change.  I love the traditions and enthusiasm that goes along with each season.  I love how it feels like a fresh start.  I love the beautiful colors of fall, the crisp, cool air, jackets, soccer games, school getting into full swing, the beginning of holidays and family time, gardening and cleaning up the yard, going on walks and drives to enjoy the scenery, pumpkins, baking, the corn maze....all of it!  I love the magic that each season brings.  And I love having little kids and sharing the joy and discovery of each season that comes.  Fall is such a gorgeous time of year!




5) My camera.  I LOVE taking pictures.  I don't get to do it as often as I'd like, but I do get in little phases where I can get it out more.  I love the ability to see immediately if I got a good picture and if everyone was smiling.  I love how with a few little clicks, I can change everything about how my camera works.  I love the flexibility of digital.  I wish I had more time to dabble in the technology of it such as Photoshop, Lightroom, and calibration (one day!).  But I do love my camera, and I enjoy so much the pictures.  I love how one look as something can bring so much nostalgia....bring me back to a tiny but very meaningful moment in time.  I'm so glad to be able to preserve memories in photos, and that it's become so easy to share them with everyone.  I love taking pictures of the little things, such as my daughter's pigtails, baby toes, a note written to me from my son, my children when they are sleeping, etc. as well as the big things/moments.  Taking pictures really slows life down for me and helps me notice and appreciate the little things more.








What are you feeing thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment