Friday, October 25, 2013

day 9

I am grateful for....

1) sleeping in.  Even though our church starts early and we did decide to go today, I still got to sleep in a little later than normal and it was wonderful.  I LOVE my bed!

2) church.  Today, we went to Sacrament meeting at church.  With 4 little kids and Wes working 1/2 of all the Sundays, it's not something I get to do much.  But someone got up and shared something they'd learned and it was so similar to what I've been going through spiritually the past few years that I felt like he was talking straight to me.  I felt the spirit so strong and I felt the love my Heavenly Father and his son, Jesus Christ, have for me.  I really needed that reminder today.

3) Pieter and Chris.  They are Wes' aunt and uncle who are more like adopted parents to us.  They have taken such good care of us over the years, and Wes and I always joke that we want to be like then "when we grow up" because they are so kind, fun, loving, and generous.  Everyone around them feels so special and important.  They are very amazing people and I feel so very blessed to have their influence and involvement in our lives.

4) my piano.  I'm not very good, and I haven't figured out how to make time to play too often, but I still LOVE having a piano in our home.  I love music, and playing relaxes me and is such a good emotional release and a lift.  One day, I will fulfill my dream of playing well and writing some music, but for now, I'm content and so grateful to have a piano and music in our home.

5) hugs.  Especially from people I love.  We have a very touchy, feely family (both immediate and extended) and I feel so thankful for that.  I love hugs and I love that my children are growing up surrounded by cuddles, hugs, kisses, high fives, tickles, and any and all other kinds of loving touch.  I have a friend who worked at an orphanage, and her job there was just to cuddle, hug, and touch those sweet little babies (fun job, huh?  I would love it!).  They found that it saved many lives because a lot of those little babies were dying from lack of touch.  I could go on and on....it's just so incredible to me how important and essential loving touch is.  I'm so thankful that I have never suffered from lack of it in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment