Friday, October 25, 2013

day 19

Today I'm grateful for....

1) our chickens.  I got to run them some treats today (it's usually my boys that go do it).  They are just so sweet and beautiful in their own, chicken-like way.  I'm glad we got them this spring.  We've enjoyed the character and humor they have, the yummy eggs, the pest control, and the lessons in care and responsibility they teach our kids.

2) nice teeth. I feel so thankful for good teeth. I do take good care of them, because I like having good teeth and a clean mouth.  :)

3) the pumpkin walk at the big boy' school.  It's such a cute event!  It gets better and better every year.  I'll have to post some pictures when I pull them off my camera, but in the meantime, we sure appreciated all of the hard work and generosity that goes into such a huge project.  We enjoyed the atmosphere and the family time.  I'm so glad that our school has this tradition!

4) Kolton.  My oldest child.  He is just an AMAZING example to me of love and leadership and giving.  He has been with me through it all, and has dealt with Micah and Jonah's weaknesses more than just about anyone (other than them, of course) and he has done it all with a loving, good attitude.  He just blows me away. the other day, I heard him helping Micah take a shower.  He walked him through every step so patiently and kindly.  He truly does love and enjoy his siblings.  He sets a great example and is so obedient and determined to do the right thing.  I love that he loves to talk to me.  I love that we share that love of quality time and that he tells me everything.  I love how sweet he is to his little sister.  I love how he can do anything he sets his mind to.  He's recently fallen in love with reading and I still feel like jumping for joy when I see him carrying a book around with him (like me) wherever he goes.  I feel so lucky to get to be this kid's mom.  He brings me so much joy and teaches me so much about love, kindness, and trying my best.  He's such a little sweetheart and I just love him to pieces! 

No comments:

Post a Comment