Friday, October 25, 2013

day 16

Today I feel very grateful for....

1) sleeping in.  Wes sure loved sleeping in today!  And we loved the soft, cozy beds that we woke up in this morning at this amazing hotel.

2) games.  I love to play games.  I'm even more grateful that we t least have one kid (Kolton) who has inherited my love for playing games!

3) blogs.  I love to be able to read other people's ramblings and thoughts.  I love to see the pictures.  I learn a lot from the things people share.  Wes and I found a blog recently of someone that shares our faith, but also shares a lot of the same struggles with our church that we have.  I have totally soaked in the research and opinions he's shared.  Reading his blog actually strengthened my faith and lifted so much of the burdens I've felt pertaining to my faith.  I feel so grateful that he had the courage to share his thoughts and hope that he continues to do so.  I love the gospel and I love the head of our church: Jesus Christ.  I'm grateful for his shining example of love, kindness, forgiveness, service, and compassion.  I hope to radiate those things in my own life. 
I've realized that I'm not alone and felt confirmed in the fact that I am not the only one who shares certain beliefs.  I realized once again, that what I feel in my heart is what's right for me.  Putting too much emphasis on conforming to someone else's opinion is not right.  I hope I can teach this to my children, as well as to emulate the love of Christ in everything they do.

4) the Alpine Slide.  We went today as a family.  It's a tradition we started a few years back, and it's among our favorites.  It's so fun, and the mountains are so beautiful.  We made it in this year by the skin of our teeth (on the last day they were open for the season) and we are so glad we did.  I got to ride down with Jonah and hear him laugh and cheer the entire time.  It was such a blast!

5) home sweet home.  There's nothing more I like to come back to.  I'm so thankful for a beautiful, safe, cozy home to come back to at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment