Tuesday, October 8, 2013

day 4

Today I'm thankful for...

1) my family.  Today was just one of those days where I just felt love from all over.  I feel so thankful for each member of our extended family (and out immediate, or course!) and the love that we all have for one another.  I am very lucky to have such a great family!

2) sunshine.  It's been unusually cold the past week or so, and I'm not the biggest lover of cold weather.  Needless to say, when the sun peeked out today, it lifted my spirits.  I feel like I am pretty sensitive to the weather...I feel sunny inside when it's sunny outside.  Lucky for me, today was such a beautiful day!

3)my husband.  He's just an incredible person.  Nothing makes my heart go pitter-patter like his sexy smile, his gorgeous eyes, the feel of his skin, the sound of his voice....I could go on and on.  We have fun together and we work well as a team.  I love him more than I ever thought I could love anyone.  He takes such good care of us.  He works so hard and always seems to find the energy to do even more.  He's an amazing, involved dad and a great listener (and I'm a great talker, so we do pretty well haha).  He is a big dreamer and a very dedicated person.  I love how he can find the motivation to do hard things, and he never quits.  I know he can do anything he sets his mind on.  I feel thankful every day that he's my partner in crime that I get to laugh with and grow with forever and ever.

4) the autism waiver.  We were one of the lucky few families selected for a waiver program that funds the ABA therapy that is so effective for autism.  It has opened many, many doors for us and has provided so much more than we could have ever imagined.  Our boys have grown by leaps and bounds and every time we start to get overwhelmed, or wonder if it's worth it, the floodgates open and they'll make so many strides and we are blown away by how effective the therapy is and how  much they are growing.  I'm so grateful that we have been given this gift, this gift of helping our children reach their potential.

5)the ability to walk and move around freely.  I have a lot of stairs in my house and it drives me crazy!  But today I was thinking about how hard it would be to live here in a wheelchair.  I can move up and down the stairs without even thinking about it.  I am so grateful to have a strong, healthy body!

No comments:

Post a Comment