Wednesday, October 9, 2013

day 5

I'm thankful for....

1) Jonah's preschool, Giant Steps.  It's an AMAZING school.  We got soooo lucky to even have the opportunity to put him there, and it is just wonderful.  He loves it as well, so it makes it even better!  Today was Family Day, so some of our extended family got to come and learn about autism and about the school.  Everyone seemed very enthusiastic, which confirmed what we already knew: that we made the right decision putting him there.  It's been fun and exciting to watch Jonah blossom with all the skills he's learning, and I'm looking forward to watching him continue to thrive as this next year unfolds.  I'm so thrilled at how well he's been doing lately.
This is Jonah on his first day of school.  He was a little nervous once the bus arrived, but he got over that on the first day.  The bus driver and aide are both so darling, and he took to them immediately.  He waits eagerly at the window for them every morning and proudly trots right on the bus.  He's getting so big!
2) ballet class.  My mom and I are taking an adult ballet class through community education here.  It is the highlight of my week and I. LOVE. IT.  I will definitely continue dancing for awhile.  It's been so fun and relaxing, as well as a decent workout for both my body and my brain!  I'm so glad that I got the nerve to take it....I have fallen in love with it!

3) school breaks.  My kids are out of school for a few days right now, and I just LOVE having them home with me!  Time with them is so precious to me, and we luckily enjoy each other so much.  We have fun when we spend time together, and I'm excited to have them all to myself (and NO HOMEWORK) for the rest of the week!
This is how we feel about school being out for now.  No homework!  Hooray!!
 
4) dishwashers.  Mine is running now, and I was just thinking about how much time it would take to wash and dry every dish we used!  I feel very blessed to have an automatic dishwasher and all of the other modern conveniences we have!

5) music.  I really love the piano music that plays in my ballet class.  I love music in general, and don't go a day without singing and listening to it.  I feel extremely grateful for music and the way it uplifts, relaxes, and speaks to my soul.  I am also extremely grateful for perfectly working ears that can hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment