Saturday, October 12, 2013

day 7

Today I want to give thanks for....

1) scotch tape.  Peyton loved one of her books a little too much.  It has flaps, and they sometimes tear when she plays with it.  I'm so glad that I can just pull out the good ol' scotch tape and fix those flaps!

2)Youtube.  I love how I can learn so many things by just typing a few key words into a search.  I pretty much taught myself to knit and crochet from Youtube, and now I'm starting to learn about quilting.  There's tons of great ideas and recipes, fun old movies, tips about parenting and marriage, Ted talks, and of course all those funny videos! 

3) homemade granola.  I have become very dependent on my go-to recipe for homemade granola on this crazy diet.  And I have to say, I have pretty much mastered it and have been able to make quite a few different bars and they have been my saving grace....my dessert at the end of the day, my snack on the run, etc.  I'm so glad that I have something yummy to eat!

4) strong, healthy lungs.  I've finally gotten a cold this year, and it's reminded me of how beautifully my lungs function.  I am so grateful that I can typically breathe easy and that my lungs are healthy and strong.

5) the fact that my kids are healthy.  I'm so grateful that our family has been lucky enough to be pretty darn healthy (knock on wood!) and strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment